We are always asked for our thoughts on layering.
During the cooler months, base layers are so important for both babies and young children. We might be biased but we truly believe that at the very least the first layer you bundle your little one up in should be merino. The main reasons being:
- it has amazing temperature regulating properties - it levels out external temperature changes so your bub stays at the perfect temperature,
- if it gets wet it wont get cold,
- it does not smell so it can be worn for a few days between washes - just air it out overnight,
- it's incredibly light weight and
- it is super soft and kind to delicate skin.
Layering isn't just recommended for when you are out and about - adding a merino layer under PJs or a sleep sack at night is a great idea too - it will help stop your little one waking up in the early hours because they're cold (a win for everyone!)
Merino & Me stock a wide collection of items perfect for layering - singlets, long sleeve tops and bodysuits with snaps. We have something for everyone - from newborn to aged 5. See our full range here!