There is so much to love about The Tartan Blanket Co.
- They are a family business (just like us!) run out of Edinburgh, Scotland. We love nothing more than working with family businesses - seven of our brands started as family businesses and are still run that way now.
- They strive to be a positive impact company, bringing love and warmth to their local community and those around the world needing help. The Tartan Blanket Co are also constantly striving to reduce their environmental impact.
- They use two wool mills in Mongolia and India and have a great relationship with each of these mills, their families and the farmers that supply the wool.
- The much loved wool picnic blankets (see them here) are made from 100% recycled wool - giving these items a second life and significantly reducing landfill waste. They also provide much needed employment to struggling communities.
- The wool in the lambswool baby blankets, full size blankets and scarves are farmed using traditional farming methods. The breeds of sheep and the climate in Mongolia make for beautifully soft wool (softer than the wool they would find from their own Scottish sheep!). The farmers, spinners and weavers are often part of the same family, meaning that the money they make stays in the community. Lastly, they use people led farming methods meaning the sheep are better cared for.
See our full range of their beautiful lambswool tartan baby blankets, full size blankets and scarves as well as their popular recycled wool tartan picnic blankets here!